Please join me in helping to send every baby born at Southside Hospital home in something warm and cozy. Southside Hospital is located in Bay Shore on Long Island.They deliver about 200 babies a month. Most of the families who havebabies there have nothing to bring their babies home in. That’s where we come in. My group, Bella’s Babies, provides warm, handmade items for these families.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Newborn Blanket Drive

It's that time of year again, blanket time!

 I will be collecting warm newborn sized blankets for our winter delivery. I am aiming for the first week of February.

Sizes: 30" X 30" and larger.

Blankets can be knit, crochet or fleece. Think warm, no holey patterns.  I will include some pattern links, check back as I will be adding more as I find them.

Pattern Suggestions:

X Box Stitch Afghan

Box Shell Afghan

Twin Stitch Baby Blanket

Hugs for Baby Blanket  (this is one of my favorites to make)

Lilacs in February Baby Blanket -I'm making this one right now. I used Pound of Love so I had to Chain 99 to get up to 29"-

Bubbles Baby Blanket








No comments:

website issues

I am currently having problems with the links to my patterns. I hope to get everything back to normal soon. Thank you for your patience. K...