Please join me in helping to send every baby born at Southside Hospital home in something warm and cozy. Southside Hospital is located in Bay Shore on Long Island.They deliver about 200 babies a month. Most of the families who havebabies there have nothing to bring their babies home in. That’s where we come in. My group, Bella’s Babies, provides warm, handmade items for these families.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Nubby Stitch Preemie Blanket











18”X18”
Size I hook
One skein of I Love This Yarn, I used just about the whole skein.

Pattern uses a multiple of 2 stitches if you want to adjust the size

Ch 60 loosely-

Row 1: (right side) Sc in 2nd chain from hook and each ch across.

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in 1st sc, *tr in next sc, sc in next sc, repeat from *
Across.

Row 3: ch 1 turn, sc across.

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until blanket is square. Mine was 18” x 18”.
I counted 29 “nubs” across, so I worked until I had 29 “nubs” to the top.

So if you don’t have a ruler handy, this is an easy way to count.

You can also work it until it is a rectangle that would look nice too, but
You will need more yarn.

©Kelly Kearney 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have made several of these blankets. My great nieces love them for their dolls.

Fall 2016

Well Fall is almost here! Time to work on sweaters, hats and blankets. Our Fall delivery will be the first week of October. This is t...